BLACK SEA REGION WINES&SPIRITS CONTEST’ 2017 & EXPOVIN MOLDOVA’ 2017 – A SINGLE PROJECT!
BLACK SEA REGION WINES&SPIRITS CONTEST – it’s not only a new name of the International tasting competition of wines and spirits CHISINAU WINES & SPIRITS CONTEST, but the name of the new ambitious regional project. The first contest titled BLACK SEA REGION under the patronage O.I.V. was held in Batumi (Georgia) 15 to 16 November 2016.
In 2017, the BLACK SEA REGION WINES&SPIRITS CONTEST will take place traditionally in February 15-16, in Chisinau, and the next will be held in Sochi, Russia at the end of August. By 2020, potentially, we plan to organize the event 3 times per year: February event in Chisinau annually and the spring and autumn events in various towns of Black Sea region countries.
Countries of the Black Sea region – Moldova, Georgia, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Ukraine, Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan are not only united by the geographical proximity, secular history and traditions, but also the problems related to the current situation in the production and consumption of wine, exportation and harsh competition on the market.
The preservation of wine-making traditions of the Black Sea region, the support of production of wine that is authentic for the culture of its country, promotion are among the main tasks of the International Contest BLACK SEA REGION’ 2017, Chisinau, Moldova. The contest will be held under the patronage of the International Organisation of Vine and Wine (O.I.V.).
18 foreign wine tasters from 15 countries have confirmed their participation as experts in the BLACK SEA REGION’ 2017, Chisinau, Moldova:
- Jean-Marie AURAND, General Director OIV, France
- Chan Jun PARK, Director Asia Wine Trophy, Initiator & Director of Asia Wine Buyers Conference, Vice President of Korea International Sommelier Association, Founder & Member of Korea Wine Writers Club, Executive Editor of Web Magazine THE SCENT, Korea
- Na Constance ZHAO, wine expert, Wine Writer, Master, Bachelor’s Degree in Viticulture & Enology, WSET Educator, Keynote Speaker of professional forums, master classes, wine tasting dinners and salons (VinChina, Asia Wine Buyers’ Conference, Asia Wine Media Summit), China
- Valeriu COTEA, Chairman of the Committee of Oenology at OIV, Professor, President of Patronage of the Vine and Wine from Romania, Romania
- Stefano BATTISTELLA, Dr. in Viticulture and Oenology, Export Area Manager for Vivai Cooperativi Rauscedo, Italy
- Georg BINDER, oenologist, Head of the Department of viticulture and oenology Rheinland Pfalz, Germany
- Vladimir STRIEZENEC, Ing., wine expert, winemaker, Slovakia
- Dmitry TKACHENKO, Deputy Chairman of the production at “Odessa Sparkling Wine Factory”, Researcher at the Department of winemaking NRC “IVW V.E.Tairov”, Ukraine
- Gabriel STOICA, oenologist, judge-taster in wine, Romania
- Milos MICHLOVSKY, Doc. Ing,wine expert, associate prof., doctor of technical sciences, breeder, Czech Rep.
- Elbrus AHMEDOV, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Ganja-Sharab 2, technology engineer, Azerbaijan
- Murman KURIDZE, Dr. of technical sciences, President of Union of Oenologists of Georgia, Georgia
- Anna GODABRELIDZE, Vice-President of Commission BOISPI at OIV, Director of Vine and Wine Academy at Agricultural University, Director of Georgian Wine School, Chairman at State Testing Commission of National Wine Agency, Georgia
- Jozsef KOSARKA, Dr., Wine Writer, Member of the Hungarian wine Academy and Hungarian Sommelier Association, Hungary
- Ivana KOVARIKOVA, international wine judge, founder and publisher of the SOMMELIER Magazine / Revue for Hotel, Restaurant & Travel, wine events organizer, Czech Rep.
- Vladimir TSAPELIK, President of the Independent Wine Club, international judge, member of the Union of Winegrowers and Winemakers, Russia
- Vladimir DMITRIEV, wine expert, bayer, Belarus
- Philippe THIBAUD, oenologist, judge-taster in spirits, Armenia
16 experts – both reputable masters and young wine tasters – will represent the oenology school of Moldova; their names will be known soon and published on the following webpage www.vinmoldova.md.
Participants in the contest tasting are samples of wines and alcoholic beverages from Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Belarus, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, France, Germany and Cyprus.
|CHISINAU WINES&SPIRITS CONTEST’ 2016 statistics
Overall, 324 (195 – Moldovan, 129 – Foreign) samples from 10 countries from 58 producers (34 – Moldova, 24 – foreign companies) took part in the contest; 100 prizes were awarded (1 Grand Prix, 3 Big Gold medals, 45 gold, 29 silver medals). Moldova got 55 awards (including the Grand Prix for AROMA), foreign producers won 45 awards. This result demonstrates the high quality and competitiveness of the Moldovan wine industry, giving each Moldovan company ground to use this fact as an argument for promotion and sales!
The BLACK SEA REGION’ 2017 International Wine Tasting Contest and the International specialized exhibition EXPOVIN Moldova’ 2017 are part of the same project, the concept of which is expressed in 5 key words: SAMPLE – commercial LOT of wine – PROMOTION – SALE – PARTNERSHIP. The objective is to create the conditions for effective contacts needed for the successful export of Moldovan wines to European and world markets.
Implementation of the concept – promotion of companies participating in the contest and their products before, during and after the contest and exhibition:
• During the preparation it is planned to involve specialized electronic and print media, social networks, distribute information in the database on buyers, HoReCa representatives and commercial networks;
• During the contest (15-16 February) a special business area (Tasting Room) will be established where all contest samples will be presented for tasting. Industry experts will watch the testing competition process and immediately after the contest – personally communicate with the tasters. All large spectrum of wine products can be tasted at the stands of wine-making producers (15-18 February).
• Awards ceremony of winners BLACK SEA REGION’ 2017 contest will take place in the format of an evening event (17 February). This will allow highlighting the solemnity of the moment and creating conditions for the productive communication of wine makers and VIP guests, international buyers, representatives of commercial networks, sommeliers and media.
• After the contest, the PR campaign will continue: press releases with the results of the BLACK SEA REGION’ 2017 will be published, a film and photo reports on the contest will be broadcast. The winners will receive the right to apply a sticker with the contest logo on the bottle.
Years of experience, constant communication with wine makers, the deep understanding of industry issues and goals are reflected in the approach to the organization of the events (the Contest and the Exhibition take place for the second time in a row in the same location – Palace of Republic) and the cost of participation in them (a single service package that includes participation in the context with unlimited number of samples, a stand and the promotion program).
The advantages are obvious: to test the products at the contest, to get an objective evaluation of quality, at your own stand and to meet, in your own country, the potential buyer, guaranteeing that the test SAMPLE is identical to the entire wine LOT, to SELL and to extend the cooperation based on the long-term PARTNERSHIP.
EXPOVIN MOLDOVA’ 2017 – specialized exhibition covering all aspects of modern viticulture and winemaking. The presence on the same site of wine producers and companies representing the sector of equipment and materials for the wine industry and wine growing is a guarantee of effective communication, sales and promotion for all participants.